Pay-Per-Action or Cost-Per-Action (CPA) advertising isn't the most common form of digital advertising, but it can be a great way to grow your online business.
Pay-Per-Action (PPA) can be a great way to reliably bring new potential customers into your marketing funnel. Unlike other online advertising methods, with pay-per-action advertising model, you only pay when visitor does take an action you want after clicking on your ad.
Pay-per-action is also referred to as cost-per-acquisition, cost-per-action (CPA) or generally performance based advertising. The best thing about pay-per-action is that you only pay for conversion. It's usually a lot more cost effective than paying for impressions or clicks, which may or may not produce value for your business.
From signing up for a free trial, filling enquiry form, submitting a lead form to making a purchase there are a lot of different actions you might be willing to pay for in PPA Advertising. Generally all of these actions lead directly to lead generation and sales, while other actions simply get people into your marketing funnel.
Methods of Pay Per Action (PPA) Promotion:
- ✩ Sales / Landing Page.
- Usually a direct sales page with a detailed information on the product or service. Unlike web pages, which typically have many goals, landing pages are designed with a single focus or goal.
- ✩ Review Website.
- Reviews are used to improve online reputation. Generally, this types of website contains few products within a certain niche and provide a brief introduction to each product, a review of the product performance and then a star rating.
- ✩ Splash Page.
- Splash pages feature high quality visuals to grab visitor attention. These are used to promote a service or product and to inform the user about the highlights of the offered product or services.
- ✩ Quiz / Fun Page.
- Engaging online quizzes used to capture leads and learn about your audience. Similar to splash page but simpler. There will usually be a question with two or more answers that can then be clicked on through domineering buttons.
The whole point of running a pay-per-action campaign is to decrease your advertising cost and increase your profitability. How much you're willing to spend on a particular action is very specific to your business and the results you're trying to produce.
I started with Adsense but was let down by the low CPCs. Then I tried PPA marketing with MediaGust and quickly realized that it was the best way to monetize. In fact, PPA helped one of my site go from 0 to $10k/month in record time. Thank you, MediaGust.
This article has given you the brief knowledge and power to take your first step into the pay per action (PPA) advertising, if you really want to succeed in digital marketing endeavour through PPA take informed action and grow your business. Have question or need free consultation contact our support team.
Frequently Asked Question:
Why publishers don't want to run my ad on a cost per action basis?
If you don't have a strong track record and conversion for the specified type of action, publishers may determine they're better off hosting ads with more potential for bringing them revenue. This is why you should hire a digital marketing agency to design your landing pages and test it for different advertising models.
- Why I am not getting the desired results through my PPA campaign?
You can actually lose money from a pay per action campaign if you have a low leads to sales ratio. This is because you may be paying publishers more for leads than you are generating from sales revenue. Again you need to hire an expert or partner with a digital marketing agency to make it proffitable.
- How can pay per action advertising benefit advertisers?
Pay per action advertising generally involves less risk for advertisers than other advertising techniques. Since you only pay when you get a lead or a sale, you are protecting yourself from potential eyeballs that won't convert, as well as click fraud.